Taxi stands are clearly marked and the starting fare is 1.50 KM. All vehicles use a taxi meter and the driver will issue a receipt upon request.
The regular rate per kilometer is 1 KM, and it is possible to negotiate a rate with the driver in advance for distances longer than 25 kilometers.
All legitimate taxis are required to have a “TAXI” sign on top and license plates with “TA” on them. Taxi fares can only be paid in cash and 1 KM is charged for each piece of baggage.
Taxi fares can vary, depending on traffic, but they should not be much higher than the following:
- Airport – Baščaršija: 17-20 KM
- Airport – Ilidža: 6-8 KM
- Sarajevo Train/Bus Station – Baščaršija: 6-8 KM
- East Sarajevo Bus Station – Baščaršija: 17-20 KM
- Sarajevo – Igman/Bjelašnica: cca 60 KM
- Sarajevo – Jahorina: cca 60 KM
- Baščaršija – Trebević: 14-16 KM